Monday, September 03, 2007

What you do, you become!

I read quite a long back that what one does one becomes. I mean, the personality is shaped by your profession. So, it is safe to stereotype a salesman as a talker, a restaurant owner to be hospitable, an accountant to be calculative, a store manager to be bin-counter, a banker to be money-minded, a teacher to be patient and instructive, a share-broker to be intuitive (or impulsive).........

Why this topic on my blog. Because I have seen two phases of my professional life - one with Bank, other with Development Agencies. Both have defined my personality in distinctly identifiable way. And the latest one, the bank, seems to be doing it rather ferociously and perhaps long-lastingly. Good or bad is a matter of being judgemental, and me being the subject, I am unable to be. However, Objectivity tells me that the shaping up process is for my good. Fingers crossed till a next change, after which I will look at this phase dispassionately and weigh it with what I had, what I got and lost, and what I kept for posterity.

Hmm..... Balance sheet analysis, very banker-like.........

You got my point, I hope.

1 comment:

jughead - The Mystic Traveller Prince said...

point made home very clear.. the profession determines our behavior.. and repeated behavior enforces attitude...and repeated attitude becomes a belief and repeated belief is a value..

so what one does one becomes.. is very true remember the four circle diagram that Prof S N Biswas taught us in IGB.