Monday, September 03, 2007

I am writing again. But differently.

Its one thing that I have started writing again (poems, I mean). Its another that their nature and range has changed. Now, I write more trivenis (a couplet followed by third line with a twist) and less poems. I write more chhote-sher (small couplets) than long rhymes. Its good to try and use less words to convey more. Like one of piyush's triveni (waqt khusq tha, aankhein nam....... khat ne bataya)....... but, u lose the beauty of language that comes from being verbose (remembers Jeeves and Woosters of P G wodehouse....... "and that is how I have been all my life. Ask any cat with whom I have had dealings what sort of a chap I am cat-wise, and it will tell you that I am a thoroughly good egg in whom complete confidence can safely be placed......."

U can blame it on many things. Time compartmentalisation. Life Style change. Professional-acclaimatization of thinking-style. Changes due to age/ period. Changes that technology has brought. The way I have evolved. The language that I communicate in today. All of it.

5 comments:

jughead - The Mystic Traveller Prince said...

was talking to divya and trying to figure out why no one in a particualr organization seems happy.. and i had this submission to make " in a routine of faster , higher and more growth oriented environment the design leaves you with less time and more dissatisfaction.. cause the design says that the more dissatisfied you are the more you shall strive to perform .. and the more unhappy you shall be as a result thats what keeps the model going on.. unfrotunately i also submitted that we must also reliase that bliss must be a monotonous routine for one nad all always

Sangeeta said...

Anshul,liked the simplicity of your blog. No frills, get what you see.
We like instant coffee,instant noodles, heat and eat meals, its the age of instant gratification. Seen in this vein, trivenis are powerful enough to convey a whole wealth of meaning in just 3 lines!
I like your poetry very much, keep writing always. You have a strange knack of bringing dissimilar sounding words together to form very deep meaning, sensitive poetry! Thats your stamp! Post it often!:)

Kumar Anshul said...

@Vaibhav
Your observation (on dissatisfaction), howsoever unfortunate it might be, is true. Sometime, what we call as striving for excellence is actually dissatisfaction from present. That gives meaning to striving hard.... gives high platform to whatever is aspired for...... But that is what tomorrow is all about - whenever we say Tomorrow, the best word co-rrelation comes to mind is Better.... so, I think its very much a part of being human.

Kumar Anshul said...

@Sangita
Thanks for your observations on my poetry (and the blog). I do not know whether the knack you talked about is there or not in my poetry. However, what I am sure is the fact that I am happy I am writing again. Thanks for being one of those who helped me in making it happen.

jughead - The Mystic Traveller Prince said...

@anshul
tribal people and culture is very interesting in this regard and so is Buddhism.

i do not claim to be even a relative authority on either but i cant miss that they are about satisfaction and gratification from the past and the present rather than waste it on the future. and not surprisingly in this vein i find them no less human and more humane than myself. i wish i could bow to them for teaching me this different view of life.

my hunger for better has not reduced but my satisfaction from the present has increased by leaps and bounds.