Saturday, March 17, 2007

Significance of Woman's Day

I asked few women (acquaintances/ friends) on the eve of International Women's day "whats its significance for you?" Here are few answers I got.

1. It reminds that I have presence in society. For the first time I am greeted for being a woman. There is a lot to be done so that it no longer remains a conscious decision by anyone. - Archana Singh, AKRSP-I
2. Let girls be born, let women live. - Nupur Basu Das, CINI
3. Thanks a load. It does not have any significance becasue every day I celebrate being born a woman. Woman! So beautiful yet (and) so strong. Hmm... - Monica Whangaham, Packard Foundation
4. Thank you very much. The significance it carries for me is that this day is for being myself. The woman who is really an important part of world is given respect and honour and that is why this day is celebrated (and you don’t see men’s day being celebrated). - Janaki Iyer, BPO
5. I am happy that I am a lady and we have a day to celebrate unlike men! feminist, Huh! – Annie, KMBL
6. Hi. Thanks. Nothing special about the day. Just one more regular day. Tell me if you have got interesting answers from others. – Hafsa, ICICI Bank
7. The significance is in the fact that it results in enlightened men (like you) to remember us and our worth. – Rashmi, Intellicap
8. Not much need till men like you are there. – Rupa, Kolkata
9. It helps me purposefully remember women of great strength and character, and inspire me to do a bit more than what I am already doing. - Nimisha, Ace Pharma
10. When was it? - Dr. Deodhar, Ex-AKHSI.

1 comment:

palsworld said...

Hey Anshul,

Nice concept of a Women's Day...Am thinkin what does this day mean for me other than sendin all my female friends/colleagues a Happy Women's Day sms...Am still thinking...It makes me angry sometimes to think we need a day while the remaining 364 days are supposedly for Men...And makes me happy at other times on the attention lavished on women by the media, etc. ;-)