Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rajnish Pankaj is no more !

The first time I met him, he was in his second year (2006) at IRMA. I was visiting campus after a gap of one year and went to see my rooms. I lived in my first year in Block F- Room No. 34 (F-34) and in second year at F-28. Co-incidentally heoccupied both rooms in similar fashion. We connected, instantly.
.
Having qualified as Company Secretary and taken Chartered Accountancy tillmid-course, at the age of 23 he got interested in management education. Hejoined IRMA by selecting it over other management institutes. He said in one of his meetings with me, "IRMA is quite in fit with my nature and outlook".What he meant was, perhaps, his amiable nature, his attitude towards
his unassuming attitude towards life. He was finance whiz-kid of his batch, a good teacher for pre-exam awakers, and a die hard IRMA-mess regular.
.
Last time we met was during MILAAP (Jan 2007). He was then with ICICI Bank at Mumbai. As was usual for someone who felt strongly for IRMA, he took leave and attended the program all throughout. He was looking after risk management in ICICI bank, and shared with me what and how he plans to improve the risk modeling of assets in the Bank. He formed part of the risk team there with another IRMAn (Sreekanth from PRM21) and was doing quite well.
.
He had a small built, but was quite energetic. I, for all interactions I had with him, never had any reason to doubt his health. So, when Mathuranand (PRM25 and my colleague) broke the sad news, I thought he is mistaking the identity. I wish I was correct.
.
It is difficult to believe that he is gone; not because he was dear one, but because the way it happened is so unbelievable. I have read he was checked at the airport and was cleared for boarding by the medical team there. Post-mortem has not revealed any further. Was there anything that we could have done to avoid what happened! I have no clue.
.
My ears ring with his parting remarks at Milaap, "My train leaves few hours early. No problems. We will meet again soon. Bye" Alas, that never happened. His train has left quite early. May his soul rest in peace.
- Anshul (PRM22)

1 comment:

vishesh said...

anshul,maine ye sabb padha aur padhke i was moved.
i request u to please transformm this into a story.
mujhe pata hai aasaan nahi hoga but mere liye plz.